Summary of Qualifications
- Nine years full life-cycle application development experience.
- Excellent track record of successful project delivery and technical leadership.
Platforms/Frameworks: .NET, ASP.Net MVC, Entity Framework, Web API, WCF/Web Services, WPF, Windows Phone, Unity, SignalR, NServiceBus, Bootstrap, Angularjs, jQuery, jQuery UI, Knockoutjs, Underscore.js.
Tools: Visual Studio, SSMS, GIT, TeamCity, Expression, Subversion, Gallio, RhinoMocks, NAnt, NUnit, MbUnit, CruiseControl.Net, Bloomberg API (BLPAPI)
Data Stores: SQL Server, RavenDB, NEventStore, MongoDB, MySQL
Concepts: OOAD/OOP, Functional Programming, Design Patterns, Dependency Injection/IOC, Event Driven Architecture, Object-Relational Mapping, Test-Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration, Agile Methodology, MVVM, MVC, MVP, SOA
The newest version of all these tools/frameworks, etc may be assumed unless otherwise noted.
December 2014 – Present (10 months)
- Delivered a new solution to create customizable financial analyses that traders can run against their bond portfolio.
- Improved performance of core financial processing engine by several order of magnitude.
Sasser Family Holdings
August 2013 – November 2014 (1 year 4 months)
- Delivered with team on over a dozen new solutions and services built with ASP.NET MVC 5, AngularJS, NServiceBus, service oriented architecture, DI, and others. Support for multi-tenancy, as well as RESTful API and ESB for interoperability between systems.
- New solution for ordering cars, similar to cars.com. Built with AngularJS.
- 5 new discrete data services for interacting with legacy applications via a RESTful web services and an ESB.
- Created nuget server and surrounding process for upgrading packages and managing internal dependencies.
January 2012 – August 2013 (1 year 8 months)
Delivered three new systems for the enterprise: RateTracker, a new backend system to track security pricing and reference data via the Bloomberg Server API and publish the information to consuming systems. Hedging, a new dashboard and entry system for the Risk Management team to track at-risk fixed income positions and the instruments used to hedge against them, and report on their progress
- Redesigned main trading/offering platform off of existing webforms solution to MVC and lead team effort to disseminate knowledge and best practices on MVC
- Designed and delivered 3 new solutions built on MVC 4, SignalR, NServiceBus, and web api
- Delivered Technical Presentations to team on following topics following successful project implementations: Task Parallel Library, MVC 3, SignalR, Entity Framework 5, ASP.NET Web Api
Senior Software Engineer
March 2011 – January 2012 (11 months)
Architect for client portal solution built on Silverlight, allowing clients to create custom gift cards, websites, and deployments.
- Lead migration towards MVVM design pattern for UI
- Architect of change tracking solution.
Software Engineer II
February 2010 – March 2011 (1 year 2 months)
Software Engineer working on a suite of products that run a highly complex, multi-tiered telecommunication solution responsible for hundreds of million in revenue.
- Lead developer on re-architecting of existing ASMX web services to WCF.
- Developer custom ORM mapping tool with WPF
West Monroe Partners
September 2008 – February 2010 (1 year 6 months)
Developer on FLEXdls – a discrete labor management system that improves distribution center efficiency, delivering labor savings of 15-30%.
- Lead Architect/Developer for Engineering and Labor Standard’s Global Element database. First company project built on ASP.NET MVC framework.
- Developer on Chicago Taste of Chicago map, recognized at PDC and Microsoft Azure Case Studies. First company project built and targeted for Windows Azure.
.NET Product Developer
July 2006 – September 2008 (2 years 3 months)
Designing, coding, testing, and documenting system specifications to deliver dynamic, reliable websites that meet the client requirements. Run on a mix of asp.net 1.1 and 2.0 frameworks with a SQL server 2000/2005 back end. Designing data (XML/SOAP) import/export routines in DTS and SSIS.
- Key developer for innovative interactive map search using Google Map API.
- Assisted in design and development of new system architecture. Taking existing web framework built on ASP, COM, XML/XSL and re-engineering to the .NET platform.
- Lead in server migration to new colocation facility.
- Re-architecting of existing data imports.
MCPD: ASP.NET Developer 3.5
MCTS: .NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET Applications
Blog – jacerhea.wordpress.com/
Open Source Portfolio – github.com/jacerhea
Nuget Packages – nuget.org/profiles/jace.rhea
Linkedin – linkedin.com/in/jacerhea
Stack Overflow – stackoverflow.com/users/173480/jace-rhea
Stack Overflow Careers – careers.stackoverflow.com/jacerhea
MS, Software Engineering – November 2008
Depaul University, Chicago, IL
- Golden Key International Honour Society
- Contributed to Mocha Studio Cafe (http://mochastudiocafe.sourceforge.net/)
- GPA: 3.8
BS, Electrical Engineering – December 2001
Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL